The main purpose of the Company is to be an effective catalyst for positive educational change in schools throughout South Africa.
The Edunova approach is to:
- Support teachers and learners as they walk the journey of change, especially in the area of technology in education
- Embrace local talent and nurture young leaders
- Develop and support Edunova team members to strive to their potential and believe in their own abilities
- Seek innovative answers to the challenges being experienced by schools
- Seek support from those who share our values
THE EDUNOVA BOARD
The Board supports the work of Edunova and provides mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by Edunova’s chief executive officer (CEO), the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
Edunova’s Board Members will serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment at the AGM. Board meetings are held quarterly and committee meetings are held in coordination with full board meetings. Our Board Members have achieved leadership stature in business, government, education, philanthropy, finance or the nonprofit sector.
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- A commitment to and understanding of Edunova’s beneficiaries, based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Edunova’s beneficiaries
Service on EDUNOVA’s Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties.